The Victorian real estate sector has been granted some relief from the lock down restrictions after a prolonged period of discussion with government. It is critical that all real estate agents ensure that everyone abides by these rules so the sector can continue to work safely.
The REIV has summarised important aspects of the new rules to assist with your planning. Please refer to the summary documents and the DHHS Directions for any clarifications you may require. If you are in doubt err on the side of caution.
SUMMARY REFERENCE DOCUMENTS:
Inspections by appointment are the main area of emphasis, please refer to key aspects below.
Restricted Areas: Inspections
- Inspections by appointment only
Inspection times should NOT be advertised to avoid the risk of people arriving at the property without your prior knowledge. Inspections should be by private appointment only. Ensure that your listing clearly states that there is no entry without prior appointment.
Do not use flags, A-frames etc. that may encourage walk-ins.
- One household in the property at one time
- No occupants must be present in the property at the time of the inspection
Occupants should leave the property during an inspection for one of the permitted reasons. In the case of a tenanted property, ensure that you have prior consent of the renters before arranging an appointment.
- The persons required to facilitate an inspection should remain outside the premises during the inspection
- A potential buyer/ renter may travel outside the 10 km radius to attend a pre-arranged inspection appointment
- Residents of regional Victoria are permitted to attend an inspection in a restricted area
- Ensure detailed records are kept of all individuals attending the appointment
- Health and safety recommendations for an inspection appointment
- Ask the potential buyers/ renters to complete a declaration form prior to the appointment, preferably sent via email
- Face masks must be worn unless an exemption applies
- Open doors and windows of the property to assist with ventilation
- Allow time for cleaning before and after the inspection appointment
- All attendees should be discouraged from touching any surfaces during the inspection